Exciting News! My Abandoned painting was selected as The Best of Show in the 29th Annual Judged Show at the SOBA Gallery. Among some really top notch art it was quite a surprise and honor! Judge Eve Miller, the Society of Bluffton Artists and their sponsors are the BEST!

In my excitement to get ready for the show I forgot to take a photo of the final version of the painting – the above wasn't quite finished but you get the idea. The subject was down a long dirt road somewhere around Dunn NC. My son and I were traveling home from a visit with family in the Hudson River Valley, and as always I was searching for picturesque farms, goats and cows (my fav subjects to paint). We stumbled across this beautiful relic – it certainly looked abandoned – but still had so much charm. Under the threatening skies it really was irresistible!

Comments

Popular Posts